Friday, August 14, 2009

Cheezy Cod

I went to the market earlier with no list and no goal. haha! So, I just went there to look around and then buy whatever gets my attention. I did not buy any pork or chicken coz I find it boring... I'm bad! It's just that I have no idea what I want to eat.. so, I went to the seafood section of the market and bought 1 kg of shrimp and then I saw the cod and salmon steaks... I got excited and bought 1 each. Then I passed by the vegetable section and got some greens. The uncle there even asked where I've been coz I was absent for 2 weeks... he remembers... Imagine that! I also bought some bananas and a guava.

Enough of my market story... I was thinking about cod steak for lunch as in 'bistek' style but using cod as substitute but I changed my mind. I wanted to have the cheesy taste... like that of baked mussels. So here's the experiment....

CHEEZY COD


Here's what you'll need:

1 pc cod steak
2 T butter
1 T minced garlic
1 lemon wedge
cheddar cheese
salt and pepper


Here's how:

Rub cod steak with salt and pepper. Put 1T butter at the bottom of the ceramic pan/casserole you are using then sprinkle half of the minced garlic on the butter. Place the cod steak on top, squeeze the lemon then add the remaining butter and garlic. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cheese, cook for another 15 seconds or until the cheese melts.

Serve hot with rice or salad.

Makes 1 serving.

It's easy and good. Try it! :)