Sunday, August 3, 2008

beef sopas

I've been craving for sopas for weeks already and since it's not available in the pinoy food store's here I have no choice but to prepare it myself. So after office last Friday, I went to Paragon to buy beef (50% off according to our DM friend). I was able to buy 3 different cuts of beef; 1 for beef steak, 1 for stroganoff and last is the ground beef which I used for my sopas.



I was not able to cook it last friday though because I was not able to buy pasta and milk. What I prepared that night was my version beef stroganoff (kunwari) haha. I was not able to take its picture though.. I'll blog it next time.



Last Saturday, Sis and I went jogging in the nearby park in preparation for our KK climb in September (that's another story). After our jog, we drop by Shop n Save to buy pasta and milk for my sopas.




What you'll need:


250 g. pasta (i used the spiral kind since macaroni is not available)
150 g. ground beef

1 pc beef cube

1 tbsp butter

1 medium onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)

1 small carrot (cubed)

1/2 cup chopped cabbage

3 pcs hard boiled egg (cut into wedges)

3/4 cup evaporated milk

salt and pepper (to taste)

Here's how:

Saute ground beef with salt and pepper until color changed to brown then set aside. Add butter on the same pan and saute the garlic and onion until soft then add the precooked beef then the pasta, coat with butter then add 1.5 liters of water, bring to boil stirring ocassionally then add the beef cube and cook to the desired tenderness of the pasta, then set the fire to low, add the veggies, egg and milk, stir then turn off the stove. let stand for 3 minutes.

Serve hot.



Try it! The feedback was good.... :) my housemates liked it naman, according to Sis; sosyalen na sopas daw. haha!

Happy eating! Ü