Sunday, August 3, 2008

my version of bistek

Sunday night was my first attempt at bistek or beef steak pinoy style. :) We bought beef last Friday and had it cut bistek style which our friend Ana did herself.

I decided to cook my version of bistek Sunday night, since i love pork steak I thought that I will just follow the same procedure and see the result.


Here's what you'll need:

300 g beef (cut bistek style)
1/3 cup calamansi juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 medium onion (cut into rings)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 small red bell pepper (cut into strips)
oil for pan frying

Here's how:

1. Pre-marinate the beef in calamansi juice and soy sauce mixture set aside inside the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Sautee the garlic then panfry the beef pieces. Reserve the sauce.
3. Set aside the cooked beef.
4. Pour the sauce in the pan then add the onions and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes then return beef, season with pepper and adjust the taste with salt. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes then its done.

Serve hot with rice.


I considered this as my own version because I did it the same way I do my pork steak... hahaha! I just added a little twist to it by including bell peppers. I loved the way it gave a bit of sweetness and color to the food.

Try it and let me know the outcome. :)

Happy Eating! Ü